🧙🏼♂️ Welcome to my garden! This is a dangerous place for the unprepared, so make sure to read through this page to get acquainted with what lies beyond this haven.
This website is my digital garden, a place for me to keep my notes, developing thoughts, and ideas that I’m not prepared to more fully publish as blog posts, or turn into stories. This place is where you can get an insight into my processes. It is my workbench.
# Adventurer’s Guide ⚔️
# Portals 🪧
# Key Pages 🧭
# What is a Digital Garden?
Great question! To those ends – I’ll refer you to A Brief History & Ethos of the Digital Garden by Maggie Appleton
But since you’re here anyways, I’ll give you my own answer. A Digital Garden is a form of Personal Knowledge Management that is Internet-native. The core philosophy is to do three things:
- Take notes (See: Evergreen Notes)
- Connect notes through hyperlinking (See: Living systems grow from simple seeds)
- Make them public!
Everyone’s garden is a little bit different. Here’s some key things to understand about mine ⬇️
- It is messy here. Seriously.
- This place is my… garden. The outdoors. My thoughts are all here, they’re messy, and maybe a little incoherent. That’s okay by me.
- It’s personal.
- This is where I ferment my ideas and my opinions on things. But because my thoughts and ideas will always be developing and growing as I will – I ask to be unjudged for anything you may disagree with. If you have some useful comments, reach out to me!
- It’s incomplete.
- Almost nothing here is ever going to be “finished”. Most things here will be continually sharpened, developed, and added to.